If you’re not happy with your smile, take the smile analysis test, one purpose of which is to make you aware that a smile consists not only of the front four or six teeth, but all teeth and gum tissue that show when the lips are in a smiling position. There are many options available to you if you wish to change your smile.
We believe your smile should be functional, comfortable & look great for your whole life.
- Are you self-confident about smiling in front of other people?
- Do you ever put your hand up to cover your smile?
- Do you feel you photograph better from one side of your face? Is there someone you think has a better smile than you?
- Do you look at magazines and wish you had a smile as pretty as the model’s?
- When you look at your smile in the mirror, do you see a minor defect in your gums or in one of your teeth?
- Do you wish your teeth were whiter?
- Are you satisfied with the way your gums look?
- Do you feel you show too many or too few teeth when you smile?
- Do you wish you had longer or shorter teeth?
- Would you prefer wider or narrower teeth?
- Do you like the way your teeth are shaped?
Techniques used to alter your smile are
- Bleaching – Tooth colour can be lightened by in surgery bleaching and or the wearing of a custom made tray called a Stent for between 1-2 hours per day for approx. 2 weeks. The technique is safe, but full dental examination (including smile analysis) and the treatment planning is required. Thorough consultation and explanation off all possibilities is essential. Changing shape and position of teeth using tooth coloured materials. Both composite and porcelain materials can be used
- Referral – To dental specialists to supplement procedures not performed in our practice
- Orthodontics – “Bands” on teeth to alter position of teeth
- Periodontist – To aid in restoring health of gums in difficult situations to change shape of gums or to place implants
- Oral Surgeons – To extract teeth or performing surgery to change the shape of upper or lower jaws